(updated 07/06/18) As a follow-up to my last post, I wanted to share an example of an itinerary I would create for a "perfect" day at Disneyland.
A few qualifiers before I set out:
1) I'm assuming this is a normal crowded day at the parks (not during the holidays or during any other special events)
2) Your main goal is to get on as many rides as possible in one day
3) No one in the party is using a Parkhopper pass
4) We have the full day to explore
5) Everyone in your party has Maxpass for the day