I am a notorious over-packer... for everything. I never know what I'll need and I hate being too hot or too cold. When it comes to Disneyland I've been known to operate the same way. If I know I'm going to be in the park all day I'm usually lugging along a backpack stuffed to the brim. Sometimes this works, sometimes it's just downright annoying. So I've made it a goal over the past couple months to see how light I can go and it's become a pretty fun challenge.
(updated 07/06/18) As a follow-up to my last post, I wanted to share an example of an itinerary I would create for a "perfect" day at Disneyland. A few qualifiers before I set out:
1) I'm assuming this is a normal crowded day at the parks (not during the holidays or during any other special events)
2) Your main goal is to get on as many rides as possible in one day
3) No one in the party is using a Parkhopper pass
4) We have the full day to explore
5) Everyone in your party has Maxpass for the day